Cal Aggie Christian Association Campus Ministry at UC Davis
Cal Aggie Christian Association at UC Davis (CA House) is recruiting for a campus minister to replace the incumbent who has left the position. The campus minister serves both as minister and chief of staff. Experience in both of these roles is essential. Applications may be submitted now and the position is open until filled. Interviews for the position will begin by March 1, 2017. The position is full time. The salary is based on experience and is commensurate with that of clergy with comparable experience.
CA House Mission Statement
Rooted in a tradition of ecumenical, progressive campus ministry since 1916, the Cal Aggie Christian Association at UC Davis (CA House) serves the Christian student community through faith-based programs grounded in four basic values: community, faith, social justice, and sustainable living. In addition, situated in an increasingly diverse multifaith environment, CA House embraces and serves students of all faiths and strives to promote interfaith dialogue and understanding. CA House offers a caring, inclusive community where all students can feel free to engage in open discussion and exploration of questions of faith (their own and others’), vocation, and personal identity and growth. CA House is committed to putting faith into action and actively seeks opportunities to promote peace and social justice.
In addition to its role as the reconciling/open and affirming progressive Christian ministry at UCD, CA House has been a multi-faith living community since 2008. The CA House ministry includes Christian and Multifaith programs and a Multifaith Living Community (MLC).
The Campus Minister is responsible for establishing and maintaining the supportive community essential to achieving the organization’s mission. The Campus Minister is also responsible for supervising professional staff and a student Christian Intern and for managing a $400K budget. The Campus Minister is required to build and maintain working relationships with multiple constituencies including sponsoring denominations and leaders of faith-based campus and community organizations and congregations. Reporting to the CA House Board of Directors, the Campus Minister has strategic and operational responsibility for programs, staff, community relations, budget, facility management, and execution of the organization’s mission.
The complete job description can be found HERE.
Successful applicants for the Campus Minister position must:
- Be ordained as a United Methodist or Presbyterian minister
- Be a progressive Christian with knowledge of progressive Christian theology
- Be strongly committed to full inclusion of all people
- Have strong pastoral and conflict mediation skills
- Have understanding of young adult spiritual development
- Have experience in spiritual program development and implementation
- Have experience in staff supervision
- Have multifaith and multicultural experience
- Have excellent speaking and writing skills
- Have an understanding of nonprofit marketing and fundraising campaigns
Also desired is:
- Campus ministerial experience
- Facility with social media
- Grant writing experience
- Nonprofit budget management
- Understanding of state and federal regulations governing nonprofits and housing facilities including the requirements for emergency procedures
Applicants must submit 1) a cover letter explaining your interest in the position, 2) your resume, and 3) the names of three individuals who will serve as references including the following information: each reference’s address, email address, phone number(s), and what aspects of your ministry to which the reference can speak. Letters of recommendation not specifically requested by the hiring committee will not be considered.
Please submit your application to:
James Cramer, CA House Board Chair